Information on KU NOMAS meetings and activities can be found on its Facebook page.
KU Chapter of the American Institute of Architecture Students
The KU Chapter of the American Institute of Architecture Students is dedicated to providing students with opportunities to explore the field of architecture and experience ways in which their chosen field can lead to a successful and fulfilling career. We engage students in collaborative efforts that help further their education, develop their career paths, form productive friendships, and improve our community.
Through intentional planning, hard work, and dedication the AIAS KU accomplishes its mission and increases membership value with the following tangible benefits:
• Firm Visits: Facilitate networking
• FBD: Volunteer + become catalysts of change
• “Architecture+” Supplement traditional education with guest lectures
• General Meetings: Discuss information relevant to students
• Mock Interviews: Improve professional capability
• Portfolio Review Night: Confidently consolidate work
• Licensing Advisor + AXP: Incentivize learning and performance
• Study Abroad: Foster global appreciation
• Committees: Recognize and endorse leadership
• Membership Packets: Concentrate information on the AIAS and Arc/D
• Mentorship Program: Educate skill in underclassmen
• Creator’s Ball: Celebrate collaboration + creativity
• Computer Tutorials: Improve proficiency
• AIA Events: Develop professional relations through the AIA
• AIAS members can receive discounts for Black Spectacles, a company that provides ARE test prep and software tutorials
• .archi: Enhance students’ online presence and digital portfolio
• Membership Week: Instill enthusiasm and ignite comradery
• CHANGE wars: To promote advocacy
Please see notices in the halls for meeting times and topics.